I am a Grandmother. This is the best time of my life.

I have decided this is incredibly special and I learn something new every single day.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

4th day in....and starting to count.




Younger granddaughter, almost 10 months old, and my charge for 11 days. Until today, I have never been so tired, ever. I have heard many times that God meant for the young to have babies. Now I believe it. Last night I finally slept without grabbing the monitor every 20 minutes just to check and going in to make sure she was breathing.
If this child were not so easy and so funny I would be begging for someone to help.
Things are very different today. It mostly revolves around food. In my day, we opened a few jars. Now it is cooked from scratch, organic, grass fed, free range and shredded so each meal takes a while since they feed themselves. It is nice that V loves to eat so she is fast but I cannot imagine what it is like if a child doesn't eat well. Plus there are the bottles....4 of them....and they seem to be every ten minutes.
This is a little daunting because I live in fear of her getting hurt but she already fell on her face while squealing across the room and recovered after a good cry.

The only emergency so far this week, someone I know had a friend in town, and LOCKS herself and friend out of the house! The funny part is...I don't have a key to this person's house any longer because she defriended me on facebook and changed the locks on the house. Things always come home to roost, don't they? So funny, because we still got a call to help.

Suggestion...buy the Happy Baby meals at Whole Foods for emergency quick meals...Two frozen cubes are a serving and the turkey(Gobble Gobble) is really delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment